Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Sorority Life

Okay, I know what you're thinking, just another dumb girl that joined a sorority and is obsessed. Well, yes I am those things, but I was on the other end of it too. I was anti-sorority life all throughout high school and even coming into college. I was so confused as to why anyone would pay for friends and live a life that sounds so shallow, but my roommate rushed so I decided it was worth the experience. Here I am a week later and I cannot believe how much my views have changed. Being in a sorority is not like I had expected in most aspects. On Saturday I'm doing community service with the sorority and tye-dying tonight. There's so many events to get involved in and I love how busy it keeps me! All the girls are nice and completely not the sorority girls you see in movies and on TV. I am so happy that I joined a sorority and it's been an amazing experience already. I totally recommend the greek life to anyone who is hesitant about it. It is such a rewarding experience and it is a completely well-rounded organization to join. Go Alpha Phi :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming an Alpha Phi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically my friend Jenny Mattingly just joined that Sorority. I'm sure you'll be seeing her around! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete