Friday, October 8, 2010

Lil' Wayne

Since I wrote my open letter on Lil' Wayne's lyrics, I was inspired to blog about it this week. Considering this is a more open domain then my formal open letter, I feel more open to say the things that bother me about these lyrics. While writing my blog the specific lyrics "open her legs then fillet Mignon" were in my head. This is utterly disgusting to me. It is such a nasty phrase. The song goes on to say "i'm gonna own that p***y". EW! Who is Lil' Wayne to say these things about a woman. Those things are private and should not be said out loud let alone in a song for the world to hear. I find it very inappropriate, and even though I have many friends that "respect" his work, I am still confused as to why anyone would. What is there to respect about those lyrics? They most definitely are not very poetic. I thought the point of music was to write poetry in song form. As far as I'm concerned that is no where near poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment